Recent content by Ray Finkle

  1. R

    Birmingham: Ryanair Route Flights, New Routes & Base Updates

    Twice weekly from March. Credit to Seanm
  2. R

    Birmingham: EasyJet Flights, New Routes & Base Updates

    Another one here old enough to remember Crossair serving Basel. I also seem to remember Air France flying to Lyon on a franchise with what I think was called Brit Air? The full list of routes in the 2008 announcement. There's quite a few that I'd like to see return. Barcelona, Spain...
  3. R

    Birmingham: New Route Development & Rumours

    I think the master plan will reveal a lot about what direction the airport will be heading in the future. The last one was very underwhelming to put it mildly. Stand capacity isn't far off being maxed out and the buildings are too small to cope at peak times. Will we see plans for a few new...
  4. R

    Birmingham: TUI Airways Flights, New Routes & Base Updates

    Some increases, some decreases but currently showing 10 based for next summer.
  5. R

    Birmingham: EasyJet Flights, New Routes & Base Updates

    Some slight spin in the press release stating MXP as a brand new route but good to see it back. Tivat is an interesting one, especially coming before the more established destinations such as IBZ, MAH, ZTH etc. Maybe some local incentives to increase tourism to the region? Showing 7 aircraft...
  6. R

    Birmingham: TUI Airways Flights, New Routes & Base Updates

    Seanm reporting that Lyon may be on the cards.
  7. R

    Birmingham: Airport Retail and Food & Drink Outlets Thread

    I think I remember a sign on the hoardings by the entrance to the corridor to gates 1-20 but that's about it. Hopefully once the works are completed things will flow a little better.
  8. R

    Birmingham: New Route Development & Rumours

    That's one of the routes I was talking about. If it works from LGW then it 'could' be expanded to BHX and MAN.
  9. R

    Birmingham: Airport Cargo Operations

    I think we've had a real treat with all these 747's over the last few years, they're still an absolute joy to watch. Hopefully they'll continue for many years to come(y)
  10. R

    Birmingham: New Route Development & Rumours

    May not specifically be summer but there are rumours of a couple of new routes from an existing airline. Nice routes for them, IF, they happen but both are already served from BHX. Other than that very quiet as Ian has said.
  11. R

    Birmingham: Weather & Technical Diversions, Delays & Cancellations

    Two (that I saw) diverts from LHR today. Emirates A380, A6-EOC Turkish A321N, TC-LTJ
  12. R

    Birmingham: Airport Retail and Food & Drink Outlets Thread

    Many thanks for the info (y) I don't think that's too bad, it'll be interesting to hear more details about the bar.
  13. R

    Birmingham: Weather & Technical Diversions, Delays & Cancellations

    The weather seems to be heading slowly north, I know someone who is currently in the Lake District and they've said it's apparently expected there this afternoon. No heavy rain or thunder here now just grey clouds.
  14. R

    Birmingham: Weather & Technical Diversions, Delays & Cancellations

    Some very heavy thunderstorms overhead this morning. Despite some lengthy holding most arrivals seem to have made it although easyjet did return to BFS. Aer Lingus from BHD been in the air for over 2 hours so far.
Back
Top Bottom
✖
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.