Recent content by oldendays

  1. oldendays

    Leeds Bradford: General Airport Discussion & Updates

    ATC at Luton is provided by NATS, not AENA.
  2. oldendays

    Leeds Bradford: £100m Regeneration Programme REGEN

    With the gradual withdrawal of the Jet2 733s and the increasing numbers of 738s (and Airbuses) stands 1, 5 and 6 will become less and less suitable for parking Jet2 aircraft. I expect this is already being addressed behind the scenes but stands 3 and 4 also need reinstating somehow.
  3. oldendays

    Leeds Bradford: Weather & Technical Diversions, Delays & Cancellations

    Sounds familiar! I think this will be the second time Air Baltic have subbed for Jet2 at Leeds Bradford. I well remember the first.
  4. oldendays

    A new airport.... South Yorkshire Airport City?

    LBA might just have their eyes on that nice new radar. Just saying.
  5. oldendays

    Leeds Bradford: TUI Airways Flights, New Routes & Schedule Updates

    Meanwhile, back in Britannia country, I hope there is some recognition of the fifty year anniversary, as there was for Air Anglia and its successors. However, the latter has had an unbroken and more fruitful presence at LBA so is perhaps considered more worthy of acknowledgement. We shall see -...
  6. oldendays

    Leeds Bradford: TUI Airways Flights, New Routes & Schedule Updates

    This November shall mark the fiftieth anniversary of Britannia Airways launching operations from Leeds Bradford. What do we suppose are the chances of this occasion going unnoticed by TUI and LBA?
  7. oldendays

    Leeds Bradford: TUI Airways Flights, New Routes & Schedule Updates

    Thankyou all. It essentially seems that TUI missed their opportunity several years ago and now the company isn't willing to give Leeds Bradford another try, even if there was a solid chance of success. It's hard to imagine Jet2 having that sort of attitude; if so, would they be based at Bristol...
  8. oldendays

    Leeds Bradford: TUI Airways Flights, New Routes & Schedule Updates

    Can anyone please explain the concept that TUI is apparently unable to compete with Jet2 at Leeds Bradford, hence the limited TUI offering from LBA? I'm not doubting the existence of the idea or that is what was once said. But I've never understood it and I'm not sure I believe it. After all...
  9. oldendays

    Leeds Bradford: Aviation Nostalgia Thread

    Coronado. I'm fairly sure Spantax never had any Caravelles, though a few Spanish airlines did.
  10. oldendays

    Manchester: Infrastructure, Developments and Construction

    Thanks user. Sounds like the Romper is a similar distance to the Tatton Arms.
  11. oldendays

    Manchester: Infrastructure, Developments and Construction

    Thanks user but all I can see is a lightning bolt, an envelope and the FFA logo. Not to worry. What I'm asking isn't private. Do you know if it's possible to walk from the Clayton Hotel to The Romper pub near the hangars ? Also, are the public still allowed access to the car park roof at...
  12. oldendays

    Manchester: Infrastructure, Developments and Construction

    User001. I need to send you a private message but I can't find the facility. Is it still possible on this site ? Thankyou.
Back
Top Bottom
✖
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.