What I find annoying is that any investment is currently let down by lack of maintenance.
There are toilet doors missing from traps in various loos (gents) - doesn't sound much, but why invest in new washroom facilities when they cannot be used because of bad maintenance - just a waste of cash.
We rebooked our Oz flights via China because of the FCDO advice and travel insurance.
We met a couple in Guangzhou on the way back to London who travelled without insurance and were left stranded (with friends) in Melbourne trying to get back to England.
I have never worked at the airport, but I remember some of the parties @ the Warwickshire Aero.
Dad's mate used to work at Airport Security and became a Warwicks member so we were invited to some of the do's. One of my first underage drinking venues I think.
I'm up there to do a quick job in Livingston Ray. nothing as good as an overnight in Edinburgh - we always used to stay in Grassmarket - fantastic craic there.
Flew through Kalamata years ago for a holiday in Stoupa. It was very clean. Our only issue was that it was also a military airbase so if you are delayed, you get diverted to Athens.
We had that after a ten hour delay at Manchester. Lovely view of the Acropolis though. :cool:
I used to do work for Noble Caledonia. They used to offer places when repositioning boats to in-house staff for next to nothing and then contractors for a very good price.
Rather stupidly, I didn't take them up on any of the offers.
A long way off, but just booked Jet2 for EFL on 5th September 2026 via a tour op (first time in a long time). It'll encompass our 25th anniversary so had to get the rooms & flights booked.
Had a nice bonus with a £200 early booking discount - That'll cover a couple of Alfa's 🍺:)
Recently flew on a couple of flights by AEX.
No Jess Glynne, but still that annoying bloke addressing the pax as "boys and girls" whenever the crew have something to flog. :)
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.