The answer is increased deployment of the Boeing 777, a magnificent underbelly freight-hauler. The A380 in particular is especially poor on this metric, with one relatively small hold needing to accommodate luggage for two full deckloads of passengers. Operators frequently using B777's (and...
Well it's up to you whether you change it or not. You can remain negative and miserable if you like. ;)
Fortunately, most Manchester Airport customer-facing staff are well ahead of the curve on cheerful demeanour.
Wow. I've really pressed your buttons. You are one angry individual. But the question I posed (to someone else - not you) is entirely legitimate, and I stand by it. What seems bizarre to me is the reaction of those who kick off at any suggestion that not everything about T2 is terrible /...
There is always a place for constructive criticism ... that is healthy. But there is also a need for balance. T2 is receiving positive approval from the majority of passengers using it; some things must have been done right. Can you outline which features of T2 have been accomplished well in...
We need to keep in mind that Norse operates a combined fleet of just 12 B787-9 aircraft, and 5 of these are committed to IndiGo for the foreseeable future. That leaves just seven aircraft to service the remainder of the operation. Presume one aircraft in for maintenance, and that is just enough...
Most likely scenario is that they’re planning for a fourth daily scheduled service, but they have booked two alternative sets of slots at this stage. They will keep the ones they want if and when timings are finalised for the additional service. Meanwhile, I’m sure we’ll all be very surprised if...
PUG - I don't disagree with anything you have written there. Others have raised the subject of preferential (financial) terms and I have addressed these, but an operator will decide based upon the whole package - what the airport as a destination brings to the table - not just the fees element...
It is no secret in the aviation sector that MAG's room for financial manoeuvre is constrained. In the UK, regional airports receive little or no public funding to help their development; new construction must be financed by the business itself. MAG has been financing ongoing improvements at...
"Well let's hope that Manchester is unsuccessful ..." ... sorry, but that is tiresome talk. We all know that aircraft enthusiasts around the UK will have a strong preference for airlines serving THEIR local airport ahead of all others. And they will convince themselves that their airport is a...
Remember too that when airports compete for business it is a two-way street. A year or so back, LPL successfully bid for a based Jet2 operation which one could equally argue was a setback for MAN. Now it looks like AirBlue will launch LBA ahead of turning their attentions to MAN. This is the...
STATTO -
I realise that your comment quotes another poster, but I used the term 'weak spot in MAN's portfolio' with reference to those routes served from LPL/LBA by Wizz. Not quite as emphatic as 'a huge missing gap'. However, I do stand by my assessment, as 13 Ryanair departures per week...
I wish I could believe that the Ukraine / Russia war could be brought to a peaceful negotiated solution soon. But that looks highly unlikely. 1000 fatalities daily in that conflict. Putin contends that Russia can still get it's way and eventually overrun Ukraine; his proposals for peace amount...
Going back many years, MAN learned a brutally harsh lesson when they chose to protect British Airways legacy services from competition by upstart LCC's. British Airways pulled out without a qualm; MAN was left floundering with the new generation carriers established and growing at competing...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.