2Excell 733 G-SWRD due in lunchtime from Stansted to take the England Womens footy team to Heraklion for their World Cup game tomorrow against Greece departing late afternoon.
I don't think HS2 will effect BHX too much either way ,the NEC on the other hand could see a benefit of increased business users given the direct access by people mover that will be available.
As far as the new master plan I would think they must be in a bit of a holding position at present...
The one other point I meant but forgot to mention is the collapse of first Monarch in 2017 folowed by Thomas Cook which created an opportunity which TUI for whatever reasons pretty much ignored but opened a door that Jet2 charged through.
For obvious reasons ws aviation enthusiasts we think of TUI as an airline but in reality they are and always have been a holiday business that amongst other things formed an airline originally Euravia then Brittania and now its current form as a pan Europe operation to sevice its main business...
Last nights F1 flighs from Baku were a Amelia A319, 2Excell 737 and Turkish 737H also Gulfstram 7T turned up.
I think they used BHX because Luton has some sort of summer ban on night flights for certain types of movements - ad hoc maybe ?
OY' juliet-fox-9 I'll have you know I'm still living as far as I know and Basel was indeed served by Crossair in the 1990'sdirect and by the short lived Duo 😃
BHX is missing more than a few routes it used to have as markets change over time
Ryanair and EasyJet are very much the drivers in BHX's continuing passenger growth in the current difficult times for the industry with every additional airframe adding a potential circa 1,000 seats a day. They contribute way more in capacity terms than say the Egypt Air service due to commence...
A couple of unusual visitors today.
Azerbaijan 788 VP-BBR arrived f/t Baku and a Oman AF C30J MJN291 also turned up from Oman which is night stopping.
Information from Ian's bhxmovementsblog.
I have long term contact with someone who has tenuous work links to the airfreight world and is usually accurate but not infallible in passing on little bits of info. He says it was bringing in commercial cargo and not linked to bringing in assets for the future passenger service in anyway.
I...
Wrong part of the forum Andy for political stuff. Just for your your information though the UK ranks 6th in the world for inward investment and is the highest ranked European country marginally higher than Germany figures are from the the United Nations Trade & Development reports.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.